Hi! My name is Max Muller. Welcome to my web page. Here's a list of things I have written, sorted by category. Some writings are in English (E), while others are in Dutch (D). All external links will open in a new tab. I have saved some documents on external websites.
- Sustainability Compass (D). This is a quiz I've made with Rens Baardman, Myrte Rischen, Sven Peetoom and Hannah van de Kerkhof for Surebuthow. It allows people to find (Dutch) sustainable organisations and actions based on their own preferences.
- De Gebroken Bubbel (D). I created this page in an attempt to help people escape their filter bubbles on Facebook. I stopped working on this project in the summer of 2017.
- You can find my master's thesis on the applications of stochastic cooperative game theory to renewable energy prediction problems here (E) (pdf).
- Over here, you can read my bachelor's thesis on “Divergente Reeksen” (Divergent Series) (D) (pdf)
- I have never authored any scientific papers (yet). However, my name has been mentioned once in a scientific paper, in the acknowledgements section. In 2014, I took part in a sailing expedition in the Atlantic Ocean. We sailed near Bermuda Island to find plastic micro particles with a trawl. These particles were later examined by the oceanographer Julia Reisser. She wrote on her findings in this paper. This is the paper in which she mentions me. The sailing expedition and the paper that resulted from it were done for the Ocean Cleanup (TOC) organization, founded by Boyan Slat. It was important for TOC to know the properties of the plastic particles. How deep they floated, how big and heavy they were, etc. You can read more about TOC over here.
Battle of Concepts
This is a Dutch website
on which challenges are posted for students and young professionals. One is asked to think of solutions to problems which organisations (including government divisions and companies) have.